Light Paraffin Oil 15, 25 & 40 pct
Origin : India and UAE
Packing : 165 HDPE Drums & FlexiTank
Paraffin oil or liquid paraffin oil obtained during the process of crude oil distillation
• Physical Characteristics: colorless and odorless oil that is used for multi-purposes.
mineral oil & paraffin oil are used synonymously.
Mostly the variance between mineral oil & paraffin oil is undetectable in composition and properties that could be determined by chemical analysis.
Liquid paraffin oil – mineral oil is a by-product during crude oil distillation.
It is, colorless, odorless, transparent, and tasteless, mainly composed of high-boiling alkane derivatives.
Liquid paraffin ( high-boiling mineral oil ) is a mixture of higher molecular weight alkane derivatives and has a number of names, including glymol, adepsine oil, alboline, nujol, or saxol. medicinal paraffin
Average Density : 0.8 g/cm3.
It is not soluble in water with low reactivity.
Paraffin oil and paraffin wax have wide usage range of medical, industrial, and cosmetic uses in modern times. Liquid paraffin oil usually comes in two grades , low-boiling liquid paraffin oil & high-boiling liquid paraffin oil. High-boiling paraffin oil and power boiling paraffin oil (kerosene range), liquid paraffin oil has found various applications—from candles manufacturing to cosmetics production or beauty products.
Numerous usage of liquid paraffin oil includes some of the following :
• Fuel in burning lamps and used as a fuel in many parts of the world; in this case, the oil is usually a high-boiling kerosene fraction and should not be used for medicinal purposes.
- Laxative—this oil is not absorbed by the intestinal tract.
- Penicillin Manufacturing as it is main ingredient in many ointments, Lotions & medicated creams and balms.
- In the production of wax, dyes, paints, polythene, pigments and insecticides.
- lubricant & solvent in the industrial sector.
- Textile industry—mainly for weaving, spinning and sewing machines lubrication.
- Cosmetic industry used in the preparation of Solid, SemiSolid & Liquid moisturizers, cold cream, and lotions, as well as in makeup & Body Care products such as foundation cream, lipstick, lip balm.
- Skin treatment, in treatment of eczema, diaper rash and in preserving unstable or reactive substances.
- Liquid paraffin (medicinal) as Laxative it is used to resolve the problems of the gastrointestinal tract as it passes through the tract without being absorbed into the body.
- Food industry, where paraffin oil may be called wax, it can be used as a lubricant in mechanical mixing, applied to baking tins to avoid the stickiness of bread loaves to the tin when cooked and also used in fruit coating to get the ‘’shiny’’ appearance for retail sale.
- Paraffin oil ( boiling in the kerosene boiling range ) in case of heating paraffin oil make sure to avoid inhaling the vapors of paraffin oil irritate the respiratory tract, and cause cough, shortness of breath, and occasionally, lead to hydrocarbon pneumonitis.
For individuals who have skin disorders or diseases Avoid excessive prolonged skin exposure to paraffin oil skin exposure to this oil can cause skin irritation, which can lead to contact dermatitis.
Also Ingestion of paraffin oil can cause intestinal tract complications in special medical cases and only used as per doctor prescription.
- Paraffin oil, which has not been highly refined, is often considered as dangerous to health, dealing with paraffin oil should be with care and with precaution is required, while using paraffin oil.
- Storage Instructions: liquid paraffin oil should be stored in a well-ventilated place, cool and in a tightly closed container. As some paraffin oil is highly inflammable, keep it away from any source of heat or ignition and away from direct sunlight.